- Go Gluten–Free A brief introduction to the gluten-free diet, including gluten-containing foods, hidden sources of gluten, and tips on reading labels.
- Celiac Disease – Myths & Facts Corrects many of the myths that exist about Celiac Disease, including diagnosis concerns and the gluten-free diet.
- Celiac Disease – Teacher’s Information Describes Celiac Disease including its symptoms, diagnosis and treatment. Offers tips for teachers who have students with Celiac Disease in their classrooms.
- Celiac Disease – Seniors Living with Celiac Disease Describes special nutrition, medication, exercise, and travel considerations for seniors with Celiac Disease. Also includes tips for family and caregivers.
- Dermatitis Herpetiformis – A Skin Disorder An overview of Dermatitis Herpetiformis, a skin form of Celiac Disease. This brochure describes the diagnosis and treatment of the disease.
- Blood Testing for Celiac Disease An overview of blood screening tests for Celiac Disease. This brochure includes frequently asked questions about the role of blood screening in Celiac diagnosis.
- Pocket Dictionary (View) (Order) The Pocket Dictionary of Ingredients has been updated and released as the 3rd edition. This pocket-sized dictionary is an easy to carry complete resource to help you navigate the ingredient list of food products and quickly decide about their acceptability in the gluten-free diet. Nearly 400 foods and food ingredients and over 300 food additives are listed in alphabetical order. Food ingredients are classified in three straightforward categories: ALLOWED, NOT ALLOWED and CHECK?.
- Dental and Oral Manifestations of Celiac Disease Common oral and dental manifestations of celiac disease include enamel defects, delayed eruption and recurrent aphthous ulcers.
Counselling Tools for Dietitians
The dietitians on the CCA Professional Advisory Board have prepared a number of tools to help you provide guidance to patients diagnosed with celiac disease, non-celiac gluten sensitivity or any condition treated with a gluten-free diet. The Patient handouts, available in English and French, were developed with the assistance of Dietitians of Canada, and are available from both organizations.
- Nutrition Assessment A user-friendly tool to aid in the assessment of a newly diagnosed patient.
- Nutrition Education A checklist of items that must be taught to all newly diagnosed celiac patients.
- Nutritional Complications Potential nutrition complications to watch for in the celiac population and ways to prevent and/or treat such problems.