How We Receive Support
The association is funded through dues and charitable donations from members while special supporters provide additional donations. Grants are used for special projects.
The primary goal of the Association, and the first purpose listed in the mission statement, is to provide support and information to individuals diagnosed with celiac disease and dermatitis herpetiformis.
Other major goals include:
- Provide the general public and health professionals with education and awareness of these diseases.
- Encourage medical research and advise manufacturers and distributors about gluten-free foods.
- Act as the advocate for persons with celiac disease and dermatitis herpetiformis to other organizations and government departments.
- Solicit funds through memberships, private and corporate donations, foundation and estate contributions for the purpose of supporting the above-referenced programs and activities.
Donate Now to the Canadian Celiac Association
The Canadian Celiac Association relies on donations to help provide programs to our members including:
- our New Member Kit that helps people adjust to a gluten-free diet
- a toll-free 800 number for questions from individuals and chapters
- pamphlets and posters for awareness campaigns
- meeting support for our Professional Advisory Board
- our web site
- cookbooks and other printed materials to help everyone with celiac disease and dermatitis herpetiformis keep well
Here Are The Ways You Can Donate:
- Online: Click here to make an online donation. The Canadian Celiac Association uses the secure facilities of CanadaHelps.org to process our online donations. You will receive a tax receipt by email, usually within 5 minutes of making your donation.
- Telephone: Call toll free 1-800-363-7296 to talk to a real person and make a donation. You will receive a tax receipt in the mail.
- Mail: Please make your cheque payable to “Canadian Celiac Association” and send it to
Canadian Celiac Association
5025 Orbiter Drive, Building 1, Suite 400
Mississauga, ON L4W 4Y5
You will receive a tax receipt in the mail.
Consider Becoming a Monthly Donor
Please consider donating a small amount of money each month. This option is ideal if you would like to regularly help the CCA to support our members. You can set up a monthly donation through CanadaHelps.org or by calling 1-800-363-7296. Monthly donors receive one tax receipt at the end of the year for their monthly donations.
Donate in Memory of Someone Special
Make a donation in memory of a family member, friend or colleague. The Canadian Celiac Association will send a card on your behalf acknowledging your thoughtful donation. You will receive an official tax receipt confirming your donation.
Donate in Recognition of Someone Special
Donate in recognition of someone on a special occasion or for a special achievement-birthday, graduation, research discovery, specific holiday, anniversary, or wedding. The Canadian Celiac Association will send a card on your behalf acknowledging your thoughtful donation. You will receive an official tax receipt confirming your donation.
United Way Donations
You can designate your United Way contributions to the Canadian Celiac Association. Let your company United Way representative know that you wish to designate your contribution to the CCA. They will provide you with all the information you need to designate your gift.