CCA National Board seeks directors for 2019 -2021
Call for Nominations – CCA Board of Director
The Canadian Celiac Association (CCA) is seeking nominations for two positions on the Board, the National Treasurer Officer role and another Director, whose terms will run from appointment to June 30, 2021.
Nominations Close: December 7, 2018
Who are we?
Since 1972, the Canadian Celiac Association (CCA), a national not-for-profit charity, has been the national voice for people who are adversely affected by gluten, and is dedicated to improving diagnosis and quality of life. In addition to a small national office located in Mississauga, Ontario, CCA is supported by support groups and chapters across Canada serving members locally.
Our Vision: The Gluten Solution – Find, Treat, Cure.
Our Values: Science based, integrity and compassion
Is this role for me?
- Are you passionate about helping people impacted by celiac disease, dermatitis herpetiformis or non-celiac gluten sensitivity?
- Do you want to be involved in making decisions that could help improve their lives?
- Do you want to grow your professional and personal skills and network in board governance, strategic thinking, problem solving, financial oversight and issues management?
We need you to be ready to:
- Read and review all meeting materials in advance (up to two hours)
- Participate on bi-monthly board meeting calls which average two hours in length and participate or attend at least two two-day in-person meetings per year, one of which is CCA’s Annual General Meeting.
- Actively participate in all strategic and financial discussions and issues impacting CCA
- Evaluate the role and performance of the Executive Director
- Respect final decisions of the board and adhere to board confidentiality and privacy
- Participate on one board standing committee: Executive, Governance, or Finance/Audit which may involve another one to two hours per month
Are you the candidate for us?
- Candidates should have at least five years of work experience.
- Volunteer experience especially in the not for profit sector or previous board service is an asset.
- Preference will be given to individuals who have a background in one or more of the following areas: fundraising/grant writing, medical/healthcare, financial management, government or public relations
- Some knowledge of celiac disease, gluten sensitivity or dermatitis herpetiformis is an asset but not required.
Interested candidates seeking information or to apply, please contact Nomination Chair, David Congram at firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition to completing the 2019 Board-Nominee-Form, please include a cover note along with your resume by December 7, 2019.