Call for Nominations – CCA Board of Directors
The Canadian Celiac Association (CCA) is seeking nominations for its national board of directors for the July 1, 2020 to June 30, 2022 term.
Nominations Close: March 6, 2020
Who are we?
Since 1972, the Canadian Celiac Association (CCA), a national not-for-profit charity, has been the national voice for people who are adversely affected by gluten, and is dedicated to improving diagnosis and quality of life. In addition to a small national office located in Mississauga, Ontario, CCA is backed by support groups and chapters across Canada serving members locally. This is an exciting time to join the CCA National Board as it sets forth its new three-year strategic plan.
Our Vision: The Gluten Solution – Find, Treat, Cure.
Our Values: Science based, integrity and compassion
Is this role for me?
• Are you passionate about helping people impacted by celiac disease, dermatitis herpetiformis or non-celiac gluten sensitivity?
• Do you want to be involved in making decisions that could help improve their lives?
• Do you want to grow your professional and personal skills and network in board governance, strategic thinking, problem solving, financial oversight and issues management?
We need you to be ready to:
• Read and review all meeting materials in advance.
• Participate on bi-monthly board meeting calls which average two hours in length and attend up to three weekend in-person meetings per year, one of which is CCA’s Annual General Meeting.
• Actively participate in all strategic and financial discussions and issues impacting CCA
• Evaluate the role and performance of the Executive Director
• Respect final decisions of the board and adhere to board confidentiality and privacy
• Participate on one board standing committee: Executive, Governance, Finance/Audit , Financial Sustainability or Marketing/Education Committees which may involve another one to two hours per month
Are you the candidate for us?
• Candidates should have at least five years of work experience.
• Volunteer experience especially in the not for profit sector or previous board service is an asset.
• Preference will be given to but not limited to individuals who have a background in the following area: fundraising, marketing, finance, healthcare (physician, nurse practitioner, gastroenterologist), or food safety, distribution or packaging industry
• Some knowledge of celiac disease, gluten sensitivity or dermatitis herpetiformis is an asset but not required.
Interested candidates should send inquiries or submit their application to Jennifer Stebbing, Nomination Chair to email@example.com.
Applicants need to submit the 2020 Nomination form, along with a cover note and resume by March 6, 2020.