Scotiabank Charity Challenge – We’ve crossed the finish line!
November 1, 2020 – The results are in!
Thanks to our amazing race participants and generous donors and community supporters, CCA has smashed through the virtual finish line and surpassed our fundraising goal and most racers ever this year – our best result ever!
$32,430.40 has been raised – over $7,000 past our goal as of November 1.
Thanks to our 38 race participants for putting yourself out there on the roads and trails and asking your friends and family members to support the Canadian Celiac Association.
We placed 21 st out of nearly 200 charities participating in the event – not too shabby for a small national charity! We still have some time to collect donations until November 21. See below the links if you’d still like to contribute to a team member and boost us up in the standings.
Prizes will be awarded once the November 21 deadline has been completed and the final results tallied. Thanks again to the industry partners below for their generous prize donations!
The annual Scotiabank Charity Challenge is going virtual and now more people can participate and support the CCA. We are looking for people to join the month long virtual races and help to raise funds for celiac disease and gluten disorders.
You can walk or run a virtual marathon, half marathon, 10 or 5 km – or do the “Whole Shebang” (every race length) over the course of the entire month. Log your kilometres using your FitBit, Garmin or preferred app or device or even manually.
Our goal is to raise $25,000. Anyone in the world can participate and support the CCA. Challenge your friends and family members or create a virtual relay team.
CCA is up against hundreds other charities to see who can raise the most for their cause. Top charities will win additional funding for their organizations.
October 1 – 31, 2020
What do I need to do?
- Sign up, walk/run/stroll and help raise donations for CCA below.
- Track your steps using your own fitness device or manually log your miles.
- Show your virtual support by tagging @CCAceliac and #TeamGlutenFree in your social posts as you log your miles.
Your race registration includes:
- New Balance souvenir shirt
- Unique finishers medal featuring a popular Toronto landmark
- Virtual bib and finishers certificate
- An active online community which includes a Facebook group, bi-weekly Facebook Live get-togethers, a new running podcast and Spotify playlists to motivate you on your training runs.
- Discounts on products from the Running Room and Nuun.
- A seamless Race Roster experience from registration to results upload. One platform for all your virtual race needs!
- Individuals who register for the race by September 31 for CCA’s Team will be entered into a draw prize for a chance to win a $25 coupon prize package courtesy of Little Northern Bakehouse. (Our Winner is Sheila Curson!)
- Registrants who raise funds will be eligible for a surprise coupon package!
Get ready! Get Set! Register!
- Every individual who registers using the above link will automatically generate a $5 contribution to CCA.
- Set your personal fundraising target.
- Raise $1,000 for CCA and earn Scotiabank SCENE points!
- Watch for updates and fundraising tips from CCA leading up to and during the month
- Raise over $500 and you’ll receive a special coupon prize pack
- $400 Value Prize for top fundraisers in each of the categories – ‘Whole Shebang’, Marathon, Half marathon, 10K and 5K courtesy of our vendor partner courtesy of Schar!
- Watch out for spot prizes on Sunday, October 18 – Our Step Up for Celiac Race Day!
- Donors will have a chance to be randomly selected for vendor prizes from Kinnikinnick and Tutti Gourmet.
Just want to support the team?
Consider supporting CCA or one of the team gluten-free members with a donation. Click here to show your support!
Thank you vendor partners!
|Riz on St. Clair|
|Litte Northern Bakehouse|
|One Degree Organic|
Learn more about the virutal race, swag, event partners and more – here.
For help or assistance, please email Melissa Secord at email@example.com