Scotiabank Charity Challenge – It’s going virtual!
Walk, run, donate!
It’s time to lace up your sneakers for the CCA! Walk/run for celiac disease and gluten disorder awareness and research
The annual Scotiabank Charity Challenge is going virtual and now more people can participate and support the CCA. We are looking for people to join the month long virtual races and help to raise funds for celiac disease and gluten disorders.
You can walk or run a virtual marathon, half marathon, 10 or 5 km – or do the “Whole Shebang” (every race length) over the course of the entire month. Log your kilometres using your FitBit, Garmin or preferred app or device or even manually.
Our goal is to log 8,000 kilometres (or 5,500 miles) which is the distance across Canada and raise $25,000 – which breaks down to approximately $3 per kilometre (or $5 per mile) using the various race lengths that people wish to use. Anyone in the world can participate and support the CCA. Challenge your friends and family members or create a virtual relay team.
CCA is up against hundreds other charities to see who can raise the most for their cause. Top charities will win additional funding for their organizations.
October 1 – 31, 2020
What do I need to do?
- Sign up, walk/run/stroll and help raise donations for CCA below.
- Track your steps using your own fitness device or manually log your miles.
- Show your virtual support by tagging @CCAceliac and #TeamGlutenFree in your social posts as you log your miles.
Your race registration includes:
- New Balance souvenir shirt
- Unique finishers medal featuring a popular Toronto landmark
- Virtual bib and finishers certificate
- An active online community which includes a Facebook group, bi-weekly Facebook Live get-togethers, a new running podcast and Spotify playlists to motivate you on your training runs.
- Discounts on products from the Running Room and Nuun.
- A seamless Race Roster experience from registration to results upload. One platform for all your virtual race needs!
Get ready! Get Set! Register!
- Every individual who registers using the above link will automatically generate a $5 contribution to CCA.
- Set your personal fundraising target.
- Raise $1,000 for CCA and earn Scotiabank SCENE points!
- Watch for updates and fundraising tips from CCA leading up to and during the month.
- Individuals who register for the race by September 31 will be entered into a draw prize for a chance to win a $25 coupon prize package courtesy of Little Northern Bakehouse.
- Raise over $500 and you’ll receive a special coupon prize pack from corporate supporters such as:
- One of 10 VIP Pizza Coupons – Daiya Foods
- Promise Gluten Free
- One Degree Organics
- Prizes for top fundraisers in each of the categories – ‘Whole Shebang’, Marathon, Half marathon, 10K and 5K courtesy of our vendor partners.
Just want to support the team?
Consider supporting CCA or one of the team gluten-free members with a donation. Click here to show your support!
Learn more about the virutal race, swag, event partners and more – here.
For help or assistance, please email Melissa Secord at firstname.lastname@example.org.