Scotiabank Charity Challenge – Walk, run or donate!
Lace up your shoes for the CCA! Walk/run for celiac disease awareness and research
Join the gluten-free community for an amazing morning in downtown Toronto. Meet new friends. Get some exercise and scoop us some super GF swag while raising funds for celiac disease. We are looking for people to join the race and help to raise funds for celiac disease.
Scotiabank Charity Challenge, Toronto, Ontario. The Challenge is taking place during the Canada Running Series’ Toronto Waterfront Marathon. The event includes a 5Km fun walk/run, half marathon and full marathon along the Toronto waterfront.
7am – 12noon, Sunday, October 20, 2019
What is it?
CCA is up against hundreds other charities to see who can raise the most for their cause. Top charities will win additional funding for their organizations. Our goal is $25,000.
What do I need to do?
Sign up, walk/run/stroll and fundraise or donate to a runner! It’s easy!
Can’t run or walk?
Consider supporting one of the team Celiac members with a donation or volunteer!
CCA Event Lead Partner
Come down and cheer us on and get a sample pack of Only Oats Quick Oats.
Thanks for Giving and Win!
Support one of our many fabulous runners and you could win a prize donated by many local restaurants and companies.. Search by charity: ‘Canadian Celiac Association’ and then click on a participant. Click here to find a CCA participant.
Check out these great prizes our Honouary Team Captain and CCA National Board member, Jessica Danford, has collected for us!
- Sugar Suite Bakery – A pack of cupcakes
- Gluten-free Goodness Expo – 2 tickets for November 3 2019 in Burlington ON
- Julia’s Joyful Kitchen – $20 gift card
- Hype Food Co. – $25 gift card for online shop ~~(everyone who donates will receive $5 off voucher as a gift from hype food co)
- GoGo Quinoa – Gift pack valued at $100
- Duinkerken foods -6 piece prize pack
- A signed copy of GFreeWifey Community Cookbook
- A copy of GFreeWifey cookbook digital ebook.
- Queen Street Bakery – Online gift code for 3 orders over 3 months (valued at $125)
- Liv Bon Aracnini – A gift certificate for a box of 100 GF rice balls of your choice excluding lobster.
- Layered Shop – GlutenFree AF merchandise
- Free From Expo – Tickets
- Ital Pasta – TBA
- Organic Garage – A GF Goodie bag – like the ones our team CCA fundraisers will receive for raising $100. GF swag (curated by Organic Garage)Bags Containing; Enjoy Life Breakfast Ovals, Maze Bar – Energy Bars, Flow Water, Kinwa Bars, Bananas, As well as Rawcology samples, Ste, Anne’s Bakery samples, Fody samples and a buy one get one coupon
BONUS! Only Oats has offered a matching donation of up to $5,000. If Executive Director, Melissa Secord, meets her own $5,000 target, they will donate $5,000 also. Click here to donate to Melissa’s campaign.
You can still sign up as a runner/walker! Hurry!
Step 1: Register for the race.
- Complete the race registration. Registration includes race day packet, personalized race bib with time tracker, commemorative t-shirt race shirt and CCA shirt.
- Indicate you were referred by an affiliated charity: Canadian Celiac Association.
- Select “yes” that you want to participate in the Scotiabank Charity Challenge by fundraising or donating. Choose “Canadian Celiac Association” and enter one of the following PIN codes:
- 5k ($40):5K19CELIAC
- 5k with Stroller ($50):5ST19CELIAC
- Marathon or Half Marathon ($80):M19CELIAC
Registration deadline to receive a personalized race day kit is September 21, 2019.
Step 2: Create a personal fundraising page and support the Canadian Celiac Association in raising $25,000!
- Set your personal fundraising target.
- Watch for weekly tips from our team captain Jessica Danford and information as you gear up for the big day.
- Individuals who raise $100 or more will receive an amazing gluten-free goodie bag donated by Organic Garage filled with products and coupons.
- Raise over $500 and we’ll give back your race registration fee plus the goodie bag!
- Raise over $1,000 and we’ll have a special prize pack for you!
- Free CCA t-shirt included – generously donated by GF-Finder.com.
- Post-race brunch to celebrate at Impact Kitchen. All CCA runner/walkers will receive 15% off.
If you have already registered by are not connected to the Canadian Celiac Association fundraising, please contact the CCA. For help or assistance, please email Melissa Secord at firstname.lastname@example.org.