Volunteering is a terrific way to develop new soft and hard skills or simply to give back to your community. Individuals can advance professional development while helping our organization support people in need.
It is important when taking on a volunteer position to understand the expectations and time required. We have provided below a list of opportunities to help CCA to show you where we need help and how much time and skill is required.
Help us at the national office.
Fundraising Strategist – Click here for full description – Open until Aug 28, 2018
- Develop and deliver a comprehensive and coherent fundraising approach for the organization.
- Recommend realistic fundraising targets, agreed in consultation with the Executive Director, committee and the Board of Directors.
- Create a sustainable and diverse fundraising portfolio, with funding streams including individuals, major gifts, corporate, community, events, trusts/foundations and other grant-makers.
The individual must have:
- Fundraising experience
- Ability to build strong relationships with new people and organizations
- Detail-oriented with excellent time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Works well independently and as part of a team
Accounting Volunteer (Open -July 2018)
- Make collection calls for outstanding invoices and verifying information
- Data entry
- Basic reconciliation
Membership Volunteer (Open – July 2018)
- Assist CCA in reaching out to members.
- We are looking for someone who is willing to assist us for a half or full day per week in our Mississauga office to help make calls to members.
- The individual must have good verbal communication skills and attention to detail.
- This is an in office volunteer position.
Office Administration (Open- July 2018)
- We are looking for someone who is willing to assist us for a half day or one full day per week in our Mississauga
- Assist with data entry and verification
- Stuff envelopes and prepare member kits
- This is an in-office volunteer position.