Professional Advisory Council
The purpose of the Professional Advisory Council (PAC) is to advise and assist the Canadian Celiac Association (CCA) in its mandate of promoting the welfare of persons with celiac disease and dermatitis herpetiformis, and to increase awareness among the public, governments, and health care professionals of these disorders.
The Professional Advisory Council also advises the association on the direction of funding for research and encourages support for the Association in furthering its goals.
The PAC is responsible for developing and recommending policies and programs related to the medical, nutritional research, and educational aspects of the Association, and setting appropriate standards. It is accountable to the CCA for all matters in this regard.
- Dr. Donald Duerksen (Chair), Gastroenterologist
- Shelley Case, Registered Dietitian
- Dr. Dominica Gidrewicz, Gastroenterologist
- Iris Joye, University of Guelph
- Ines Martincevic, Registered Dietitian
- Dr. Maria Ines Pinto Sanchez, Gastroenterologist
- Dr. Justine Turner, Gastroenterologist
- Dayna Weiten, Registered Dietitian
- Dr. Lucia Perez Repetto, Family Physician
- Melissa Secord, CCA National Executive Director and PAC Liaison