The purpose of the Professional Advisory Council (PAC) is to advise and assist the Canadian Celiac Association (CCA) in its mandate of promoting the welfare of persons with celiac disease and dermatitis herpetiformis, and to increase awareness among the public, governments, and health care professionals of these disorders.
The Professional Advisory Council also advises the association on the direction of funding for research and encourages support for the Association in furthering its goals.
The PAC is responsible for developing and recommending policies and programs related to the medical, nutritional research, and educational aspects of the Association, and setting appropriate standards. It is accountable to the CCA for all matters in this regard.
- Dr. Donald Duerksen (Chair), Gastroenterologist
- Dr. Dominica Gidrewicz, Gastroenterologist
- Dr. Premsyl Bercik, Gastroenterologist
- Dr. Justine Turner, Gastroenterologist
- Dr. J. Schnetz
- Shelley Case, Registered Dietitian
- Adrianna Smallwood, Registered Dietitian
- Dayna Weiten, Registered Dietitian
- Iris Joye, University of Guelph