Sadie’s Gluten-free Tips!
Enjoy these gluten-free tips from Sadie, one of our young ambassadors.
- Read all labels, and learn to recognize the words wheat, barley, rye and oats.
- Also learn how to recognize the Gluten-free certification symbol!
- I bring my own pizza and cupcakes to birthday parties. I don’t eat the ones there. If there are gluten-free chips at the party, I pour some out from the bag, instead of reaching into the same bowl as everyone else.
- I like to read books and watch TV shows about other people who have Celiac Disease (Like the book Eating Gluten Free with Emily and the TV show Sugar Rush).
- If something doesn’t have ingredients on it, I don’t take it.
- In the lunchroom at school, I eat at the end of the table, where there are fewer kids around me with crumbs.
- If you are disappointed when someone offers you food that you know you can’t eat, make a plan to get something else afterwards that will be just as good.
- You even have to check toys – PlayDoh and some other craft kits contain gluten!
- Whatever you can’t buy gluten-free, you can try to make!
- You should feel unique in your own way!
Posted May 2021