Upcoming Events & Activities
May is Celiac Awareness Month!
Join us as we #shinealightonceliac disease with lots of fun events and activities. All times shown in Eastern Daylight Savings time.
Don’t forget to check out our affiliated Chapters websites for events in your local community.
Find out what’s happening across Canada for Celiac Awareness Month this May! Tune in as Julie Greene and Nicole Byrom from the CCA chat with Sue Jennett on A Canadian Celiac Podcast about all the events and activities to look forward to. This is an episode you don’t want to miss!
International Celiac Awareness Day Light-Up Events
It’s International Celiac Awareness Day! Check out events happening across the country.
On Monday, May 16, the international celiac community is coming together to #ShineALightOnCeliac. Iconic buildings all over the world will be lit up green to raise awareness for Celiac Disease Awareness. Check out the light ups near you!
To learn more, visit https://shinealightonceliac.org/ .
- CN Tower, ON, May 16
- Toronto sign, ON, May 16: Join Melissa Secord, Executive Director of the CCA, and Promise Gluten Free for a social media livestream from the Toronto Sign at 8pm EDT, at Nathan Philips Square. There will be coupons, prizes and more!
- Niagara Falls, ON, May 16 at 10pm
- Cambridge Sign, ON, May 16
- Ottawa Sign, ByWard Market, ON, May 16-20. Join the Ottawa Chapter of the CCA at 7:30pm ET as they gather by the Ottawa sign in the Byward Market for an 8pm photo. On York Street, near Sussex Drive. Please join us! Free celiac t-shirts will be available while supplies last.
- The Shaw Center, Ottawa, ON, May 16-20. Don’t forget, every evening from May 16-20, the Ottawa sign in Byward Market and the Shaw Centre will be lit up green for celiac awareness.
- Dieppe City Hall, Dieppe, NB, May 1-31
- Charlottetown City Hall, Charlottetown, PE, May 16
- Winnipeg Sign at the Forks, MB, May 16. Join the Manitoba Chapter at the Forks in Winnipeg from 6pm to 9pm for a food and funds drive.
- Winnipeg Legislative Building, MB, May 16
- High Level Bridge, Edmonton, AB, May 16
- Hotel McDonald Edmonton, Edmonton, AB, May 16
- Community Centre and Festival Place, Sherwood Park, AB, May 16
- Epcor Tower, Edmonton, AB, May 16
- Calgary Tower, Calgary, AB, May 16
- BC Place, BC, May 16
- Science World, BC, May 16: Join the BC Chapter of the Canadian Celiac Association and our Registered Dietitian, Nicole Byrom, for a social media livestream from Science World at 8:30pm PDT.
- Burrard Bridge, BC, May 16
- Vancouver City Hall, BC, May 16
Iron Deficiency Anemia
Do you have low energy or cold hands and feet? Dizzy spells? Join us for a FREE webinar on the signs and symptoms of iron deficiency and the links to celiac disease. Learn how you can help improve your levels. This session interactive session will feature Hematologist Dr. Frances Scully answering your questions! Sign up to receive the recording if you can’t join us live.
Wednesday, May 18 at 7pm EDT.
Mental Health and Celiac Disease
Join Dr. Sara Ahola Kohut as she discusses mental health and celiac disease. Dr. Kohut will be providing practical suggestions and tips on how to manage mental health challenges associated with a celiac disease diagnosis. If you cannot attend, please register and a link will be shared after the event to watch anytime after the live webinar. Sponsored by Schar.
Wednesday, May 25 at 7pm EDT.
Cook-Along with Nicole: Southwestern Veggie Tortilla Wraps
Cook-along with Nicole Byrom, CCA’s Registered Dietitian, and Promise Gluten Free! We’ll be making Southwestern Veggie Tortilla Wraps using Promise Gluten Free’s NEW Original Tortillas. This is a private class for up to 30 people where you can interact with Nicole and Promise Gluten Free while we’re cooking. We’ll send you the recipe and ingredient list in advance.
Saturday, May 28 at 2pm EDT.
The BEST of Help @ Home Webinars
We often record our webinars so you can watch again or check out for the first time. Click here to check them out.
1. NEW Label Reading Guide: This video walks you through how to read a label to ensure the food contents are gluten free.
2. Shared Kitchen Tour: Join our new dietitian, Nicole Byrom, as she takes us on a tour of her shared gluten-free kitchen and shows tips and tricks for sharing your kitchen safely when gluten free. Sponsored by Glutino.
3. Nutrition Tips for People Living with Celiac Disease Long Term: CCA partnered with Ryerson University’s Masters of Nutrition Program to offer a webinar on potential nutrition deficiencies of people living with celiac disease long term and how they can boost their health. The webinar features 4 Ryerson dietetic interns.
For more great content, visit our YouTube Channel.