State of Celiac & Gluten Free in Canada Leadership Forum
Help us answer the BIG questions facing celiac disease.
Friday, May 24, 2019 – Holiday Inn Yorkdale, Toronto
Join leaders in research, industry, clinical and patient advocacy for an interactive day delving into the big challenges facing celiac disease and gluten intolerance in Canada.
Stakeholders who may be interested in attending include: allied health professionals (physicians, gastroenterologists, nurses, dietitians, etc.), related chronic and autoimmune disease groups, patient advocacy groups, food service and regulatory, long term care facility managers, consumer advocates and more.
If you are interested in participating or sponsoring, please contact Melissa Secord by email at email@example.com.
Panel discussions will lead our participants to have active discussions on key issues in access to gluten-free food, trends in research, consumer challenges and hot topics.
Schedule at a Glance
7:30 – 8:20 AM Buffet Breakfast
8:20 – 8:30 AM Opening Remarks
8:30 – 9:30 AM Panel 1: Research – Table Discussion / Q&A
- Dr. Don Duerksen, Gastroenterologist, St. Boniface Hospital, University of Manitoba
- Dr. Elena Verdu, Professor, Division of Gastroenterology McMaster University
- Dr. Jocelyn Silvester, Pediatric Gastroenterologist, Boston’s Children’s Hospital
- Dr. Dan Leffler, The Celiac Center at Beth Israel, Medical Director, Takeda Pharmaceuticals
- Speaker TBA
9:30 – 10 AM Networking Coffee Break
- Margaret Hughes, VP Sales & Marketing, Avena Foods
- Joe Warady, Chief Marketing Officer, Enjoy Life
- Mike Marshall, COO Westoak Naturals, Inc. and Only Oats
- Mike Kalogiannis PhD Medical Affairs, North America, Schar
- Jerry Bigam, President/CEO Kinnikinnick
12 Noon – 1 PM Lunch Break
1 – 2:00 PM Regulatory Panel
- Michael Abbott, Section Head, Food Allergy and Intolerance Division, Health Canada
- Jacqueline Pepplar, Director of Sales, Gluten Free Food Program
- Paul Valder, Director of Business Development, BRC
- Misu Paul, Senior Policy Analyst, Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA)
- Deb Wharton, Manager Quality Assurance and Food Handler Certification, Toronto Public Health
2:00 – 2:30 PM Networking Coffee Break
- Shelley Case, Registered Dietitian
- Adrianna Smallwood, Registered Dietitian
- Inez Martincevic, Registered Dietitian, Hospital for Sick Kids
4:15 – 4:20 PM Closing Remarks