State of Celiac & Gluten Free in Canada Leadership Forum – Post Event Updates
Helping answer the BIG questions facing celiac disease.
Held Friday, May 24, 2019 – Holiday Inn Yorkdale, Toronto
Leaders in research, industry, clinical and patient advocacy joined Canadian Celiac Association leaders for an interactive day delving into the big challenges facing celiac disease and gluten intolerance in Canada.
Watch for a White Paper and video highlights reviewing some of the key challenges and ideas that came forward from this incredible day of discussion.
CCA partnered with Sue Jennett from ‘A Canadian Celiac Podcast’ to provide some brief interviews from some of our intriguing guests.
State of Celiac Podcast Series
Industry Panelist – Joel Warady, Enjoy Life Foods
Research Panelist – Dr. Jocelyn Silvester, Boston Children’s Hospital
Regulatory Panelist – Michael Abbott, Health Canada
Research Panelist – Kristen Neff, ImmusanT
Closing Remarks and Thoughts – CCA President Treena Duncan & Event Chair Mark Johnson
2019 Participants at a Glance
- Dr. Don Duerksen, Gastroenterologist, St. Boniface Hospital, University of Manitoba
- Dr. Elena Verdu, Professor, Division of Gastroenterology McMaster University
- Dr. Jocelyn Silvester, Pediatric Gastroenterologist, Boston’s Children’s Hospital
- Dr. Dan Leffler, The Celiac Center at Beth Israel, Medical Director, Takeda Pharmaceuticals
- Kristin Neff (Vice President, Clinical Operations & Project Management, ImmusanT)
- Margaret Hughes, VP Sales & Marketing, Avena Foods
- Joel Warady, Chief Marketing Officer, Enjoy Life
- Mike Marshall, COO Westoak Naturals, Inc. and Only Oats
- Mike Kalogiannis PhD Medical Affairs, North America, Schar
- Jerry Bigam, President/CEO Kinnikinnick
- Michael Abbott, Section Head, Food Allergy and Intolerance Division, Health Canada
- Jacqueline Peppler, Director of Sales, Gluten Free Food Program
- Paul Valder, Director of Business Development, BRC
- Misu Paul, Senior Policy Analyst, Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA)
- Deb Wharton, Manager Quality Assurance and Food Handler Certification, Toronto Public Health
Hot Topic Dietitian & Nutrition Panel
- Shelley Case, Registered Dietitian
- Inez Martincevic, Registered Dietitian, Hospital for Sick Kids