Employment & Volunteer Opportunities
Updated as of February 25, 2021
Current Employment Opportunities
Donor Relations and Administrative Coordinator
Working under the direction of the Executive Director, you are the backbone of nearly 50 year old growing national charity located in the Region of Peel. You have a great attention to detail and understand the importance of the donor or customer journey. You enjoy a fast-paced environment, working with data and software, and insights to help identify trends to help the organization meet its goals. You have experience working for a charity or as an administrative assistance: comfortable with software and numbers, enjoy connecting with donors or clients and ready to jump in and support the organization’s administrative needs.
- Maintain and manage the donor database (Donor Perfect), prospect pipeline and email lists (Constant Contact) and on-going data hygiene.
- Process all donations, coordinate, and monitor all online giving platforms with finance/fundraising software.
- Prepares lists for donor solicitations and mailings as well as do not mail lists as directed including ordering direct mail stationary and other printed materials, coordinating list brokers, print shops and mail houses as needed.
- Take an integrated approach to seeking out relevant information and working with multiple team members to ensure data is effectively analyzed and synthesized
- Maintain a high level of data integrity, including merging duplicate records and regularly running queries to flag data issues and update accordingly.
- Maintains a current knowledge of CRA and PCI regulations, applicable privacy laws and best practices for the recording and receipting of gifts.
- Ensure tax receipts, acknowledgement letters and thank you messages are generated in a timely manner and aligned with brand standards.
- Prepares donor follow-up correspondence for monthly, credit card and on-line giving; follows up on declined credit card transactions and NSF cheques.
- Responsible for maintaining and implementing procedure manual and policies regarding fundraising database.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting as needed for Executive Director, Manager of Finance and Board of Directors
- Provides administrative support for Fundraising Committee including scheduling, minutes, etc.
- Assist Executive Director with management of shared folders, corporate files, staff meetings and sponsorship tracking.
- Administer online education events including ticketing, administering, and supporting Zoom events.
- Perform general clerical administration support including ordering office supplies, mail-outs, photocopying, and filing.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- College or university degree, minimum 2 years of success working in a not for profit, charity or customer service management environment.
- Advanced computer skills with high proficiency with Microsoft Office especially with Excel including pivot tables, mail merges, etc.
- Skilled in working with database programs, fundraising or CRM software required. Donor Perfect experience an asset.
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Able to work independently and are a self-starter
- Excellent customer service attitude and strong verbal communication skills especially in English. Front facing donor or customer experience an asset. French is an asset but not required.
- Results oriented and strong work ethic with ability and skills to handle multiple priorities and projects simultaneously and meet established deadlines.
- Demonstrated high degree of initiative, confidentiality, judgement, and problem-solving ability.
- Availability to work flexible hours as needed for meetings and events outside routine office hours, including evenings and weekends.
Location: Normally an in-office position with some flexibility to work at home. Access to Internet is required if home office work is permitted during COVID-19. Office has free parking and COVID-19 protocols are followed to ensure employee safety.
Salary and Benefits: $40 – 45K starting salary with health, dental and short term and long term disability benefits available after successful probationary period.
Please submit personalized cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Deadline for applications: Friday March 12, 2021
Anticipated Start Date: March 29, 2021
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org along with cover letter and resume. Only successful applicants will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Fundraising Committee Member (Posted January 11, 2021)
Join the CCA fundraising committee to help CCA generate needed funds for programming and services. The committee meets monthly via online meeting. Members are asked to actively participate in planning, execution, writing materials or thanking donors.
50th Anniversary Working Group (Posted January 11, 2021)
CCA turns 50 years young in early 2023, Join the planning group to help us celebrate this important milestone in our history. CCA is seeking individuals with experience or interest in public relations, writing submissions or content, event planning, fundraising, sponsorships or advocacy.
Expressions of interest can be emailed to email@example.com with an overview of your background and experience and/or resume.